At County Skip Hire, we aim to help our customers recycle a far greater proportion of their waste and encourage this by providing dumpy bags to place your plasterboard, polystyrene and paper in. This prevents cross contamination of your waste and enables us to achieve a much higher recycling rate at our fully licensed waste transfer station.
When ordering a skip, the following information is particularly useful:
- If the skip is likely to be heavy with soil or hardcore the maximum size is 8 cubic yards.
- We are concerned that you get that job done. Under estimating your skip size can be more expensive and frustrating. Always allow enough space.
- For householders correct positioning is the key. A skip needs to allow for a 9ft entrance and is up to 12 ft. long. Most drives are suitable but thought should be taken to the quality of the surface. Lorries can be heavy! Tell us what you have. Also you may have exposed drain covers, low branches, or a restricted access perhaps
- If you do not possess a drive or cannot get it on your existing one, you might need to consider the road. A permit is required for a skip on a public highway, and takes 10 working days to obtain. Do remember that you need to create space on the road. Verges are usually not permitted.
- If you know you will need another skip exchange or would like to make certain of a collection date, please give us at least 24 hours’ notice or tell us when ordering. We pride ourselves on an excellent service when we have all the facts!
- Waste type is important for a variety of reasons when ordering. Please remember that legislation does not allow us to carry asbestos, oils, paint, car batteries or man-made roof tiles unless we know ahead.
- Demand for skips is always higher at weekends and holidays, so make plans well ahead.
Please contact us on 01803 663 222.